Sunday, April 11, 2010

fashion rant



While flipping through magazines at Borders, a few weeks ago, I wasn't too amazed at many of the new fashion in the articles and ads of the ones I looked at. There is just a lot of the same; trends stuck in nautical, stripes and preppy. Although I love what Coco Chanel did with the mariner look for women, (invented,) I feel like it is a current trend that has evolved into an almost sick obsession with the mass market. It is nice, but when you see the standard striped navy (or black) and white shirt on every woman, from magazine to the street, to the dentist's office, I long for a fresh take on the mariner look. (don't get me wrong, I love stripes, I just get bored that lately every magazine has a striped cardigan or shirt feature trend report.) I'm also not a fan of those over-sized (and in my opinion unflattering!) balloon MC Hammer pants, as a trend. The ones that aren't too poofy are okay, I guess, but not the ones that look like borderline diapers.

I personally like the latest from Ralph Lauren (I used to work for them as a fashion merchandiser and I think I became hooked on their romantic refined aesthetic...) I really think golden or black party masks, and blue and green lipstick would somehow be great in the mainstream for fall X)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me